This tour will take you to the Karst, known as place of teran and Karst prosciutto. Our first stop will be over 200-year old homestead where we will learn all about Karst region and mostly about Karst prosciutto. Our lovely host will explain about typical Karst settlement, bora wind and how climate influenced prosciutto production. Our tour will finish with geniourous tasting of prosciutto, salamis and other local delicacies.
After lunch in local restaurant we will continue towards Dutovlje to meet famous wine maker of Teran, the 7th generation of wine making. He will invite us to his wine temple and show us his cellar, vineyard and most importantly, we will learn what makes wine Teran so special that it was perscribed in the past even by doctors for people with low iron. After wine tasting and lots of great stories from wine maker we will return back to Ljubljana.
- 9:00 Pick up at your accomodation
- 10:15 Arrival at local prosciutteria
- 10:15-11:15 Tour of prosciutteria
- 11:15-12:00 Prosciutto tasting (5 dag prosciutto COBIUS, 2 dag cow cheese, 2 slices of home baked bread)
- 12:30-14:00 Optional lunch at local restaurant
- 14:30 Visit at local Winery
- 14:30-16:30 Private tour of the winery, tasting of 5 different wines
- 18:00 Drop off at your accommodation
Tour review scores
- Overall 98% 98%
- Transport 97% 97%
- Meals 98% 98%
- Guide 98% 98%
- Value for money 97% 97%
I was very fascinated by visiting the local beekeeper. I did not know that Slovenians were so developed in beekeeping and emotionally attached to these small creatures. I learnt so much about bees and how important they are for all of us. Such a nice experience. Lake Bled was also very nice, the scenery was stunning. Thank you Eva for taking us to such lovely places.
Slovenia traveling facts
tastings and drinks
included in the price
of our customers recommend us
kgs gained to our visitors
Average tour rating