This tour takes you to one of the most picturesque places in Slovenia – Lake Bled. The place had been known firstly to pilgrimages who were visiting the church on the island and prayed for better harvest, later it became a spa resort for German-speaking nobility, today because of its reputation it became a must-visit place in Central/Eastern part of Europe.
After morning visit of the island with the Church and the castle on top of the cliff, we will go for lunch in one of local restaurants.
After delicious lunch we will visit many times awarded local beekeeper. There we will learn all about lives of these busy little bees, why we would not have food without them, why beekeepers live longer etc. You will even have the rare chance to try their apitherapy. But of course you will not only learn things – you will also have the opportunity to taste several different delectable types of typical Slovenian honey, mead (the famous honey brandy), and healthy flower pollen – the best natural medicine for your immune system. With lots of fascinating stories in mind and satisfied tummies, we will return back to Ljubljana.
- 9:00 Pick up at your accomodation
- 9:50 Arrival to Lake Bled
- 10:00 Ride with local “pletna” boat to the Island
- 10:20 Visit at Church on the Island
- 11:20 Visit at Bled’s Castle
- 13:00 Optional lunch break or taste of “cream cake”
- 15:00 Visit at the best Slovenian beekeeper
- 15:00-17:00 Tour of the beekeeping and tasting of traditional honey, propolis, honey jelly, mead (honey brandy) and honey cookies
- 17:00 Return back to your accommodation
- 17:50 Arrival back to Ljubljana
What is included?
Pick up/drop off at your location
Transport by air-conditioned minivan or other vehicle
Private licensed tour guide
Bottled water per guest
Tour review scores
- Overall 98% 98%
- Transport 97% 97%
- Meals 98% 98%
- Guide 98% 98%
- Value for money 97% 97%
I was very fascinated by visiting the local beekeeper. I did not know that Slovenians were so developed in beekeeping and emotionally attached to these small creatures. I learnt so much about bees and how important they are for all of us. Such a nice experience. Lake Bled was also very nice, the scenery was stunning. Thank you Eva for taking us to such lovely places.
Slovenia traveling facts
tastings and drinks
included in the price
of our customers recommend us
kgs gained to our visitors
Average tour rating